AstroTurf at the Astro Dome
synthetic lawn for playground
Many consumers refer to all artificial grass products as astro turf but this is actually a brand name to which we have no association. This page explains the history of AstroTurf.
Artificial grass was first used at the end of the 1960s in the Houston Astrodome, the first covered sports stadium in the USA. This type of artificial grass was named Astroturf, after the stadium. The objective was to create a sports playing field that was as functional as possible; functionality and not the look and feel of the turf was the key factor. Apart from being green, the playing field did not resemble natural grass in any way at all.
It was made from nylon PA (polyamide) and was in fact basically a thick layer of carpeting. Nylon had the unpleasant tendency to cause ‘burns’ when it came into skin contact, for example, when baseball players had to slide into base. Furthermore, nylon was also a relatively costly material, which meant, at that time, an artificial grass playing field represented a sizeable investment
Previous: No Information
- Hotel Towel
- Identify The Quality Of Hotel Towels
- Bedding Set
- Home Textile Bedding
- Bedding Maintenance
- Bedding Knowledge Introduction
- Artificial Grass
- Artificial Turf Material Structure
- A Brief History Of Artificial Turf Development
- Goods Packing Completed-Kitchen Flatware
- 84 Pcs / Set Kitchen Fork Spoon Sets Ready For ...
- Kitchen Tools Stainless Steel Grater Ready To G...
- Mid-Autumn Festival Colleagues Family Gathering
- Notice Of The General Office Of The State Counc...
- Why Do You Have To Put A Piece Of Cloth At The ...
- Hotel Towel Cleaning Method
- Convenient And Easy To Organize, Classic Solid ...
- Don't Be Too Fancy Now! This Year, We Use Nordi...
- Goods Preparing For Botswana Hotel